Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job title: Procurement and Admin Officer
Length of contract: December, 2020
Role type: National
Travel involved: In-country travel on occasion
Reporting to: Office Manager
- The Procurement and Admin Officer will be responsible for all Global Fund based procurement planning and procurement.
- He/she will also be responsible for providing Abuja based administrative support to Global fund (GF) state projects under Malaria Consortium in Nigeria.
Scope of Work:
- The Procurement Officer will support the project procurement plan design and regular updating.
- He/She will provide the analysis for all Abuja strategic supplier agreements related to Global Fund (GF) and will monitor them, and will coordinate all procurement related to Global Fund in Abuja in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy.
- He/She will also manage all GF assets in the Abuja office and provide support to the management of assets in all GF state offices.
Key Working Relationships:
- The Procurement Officer will report to the Abuja Office Manager, and will work closely with all Abuja based GF staff to provide them procurement and administrative support.
- They will also work with state staff for all state procurement and administration conducted or supported in Abuja
Procurement planning (15%):
- Support the Global Fund senior project manager and Country Office Manager with the design of procurement plans for the GF project to allow all procurements to be delivered on-time at value for money following compliant processes
- Work with the Senior project manager and Country Office Manager to review all project procurement plans on a regular basis (at least quarterly) to ensure that all procurement is being planned to allow for on-time delivery at value for money following compliant processes
Strategic supplier agreements (15%):
- Support the Abuja Office Manager with defining they Nigeria Country Procurement Plan
- Provide support in the analysis for all Abuja based Framework Agreements and creation of Preferred Suppliers based on the Country Procurement Plan, following the processes defined in the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, including for fuel, security, IT support, generator maintenance, vehicle maintenance, stationery, hotels, taxi firms, rental vehicles, event locations for conferences/workshops/seminars, printing material, etc.
- Track all Global Fund procurements against all strategic supplier agreements and provide quarterly reports to the Abuja Office Manager on total expenditure to date per agreement, supplier performance and issues and recommendations for the coming year
- Coordinate all Abuja based Global Fund procurement in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Procurement Policy, ensuring that all documentation is completed, correctly approved and filed appropriately for future reference
- Maintain a record of the status of all procurements, which will be shared weekly with all relevant staff so that they can properly plan and implement all activities
- Collate documentation for all Global Fund procurements for the Country Procurement Review Committee (PRC)
- In line with the project budget and working closely with the Country Office Manager, ensure value for money of all procurements for Global Fund activities carried out in Abuja and all GF offices at state level
Asset and Stock Management (10%):
- Support the Abuja Senior Admin Officer in managing all Abuja based Global Fund assets to ensure that they are registered, tracked, maintained and disposed of according to the Malaria Consortium Asset management Policy
- Maintaining the Property Inventory Register for all Global Fund office equipment (as per the Malaria Consortium Fixed Asset Policy) in Abuja
- Support the Abuja Senior Admin Officer in managing any stock procured by Global Fund, as defined by, and in accordance with the Malaria Consortium Inventory Management Policy
Other Administrative tasks (5%):
- Complete other administration tasks as required by the Abuja Office Manager