The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Delegate
Vacancy No: IFRC02665
Duration: 5 Months
Category of Staff: Delegate
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Procurement and Logistics Delegate will have a strong focus in supporting all the NS in the Cluster:
- Supervising and conducting all country level procurement activities for and on behalf of IFRC,
- Supporting the NS’ on the procurement and logistic capacity building and support the delivery of operational and Country level logistics services:
- Conducting the procurement project related activities of the IFRC
- Supporting the National Societies on their processes, ensuring compliance with IFRC standards.
- Supporting the delivery of operational and Country level logistics services in-line with Logistics Procurement and Supply Chain Management strategy and procedures, ensuring a high quality service provision that meets the needs of services users.
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and report the logistical aspects of all programmes relating to the Nigeria response operations and ensuring that all logistics tasks are complying with the IFRC standards and procedures
- Working closely with programmes and will carry responsibility for specific area of logistics activity e.g.customs/ warehouse/ transport processing.
- Playing an active role in training and supporting other IFRC staffs in relevant logistics procedures and to ensure alignment in cross-function activity.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Head of CCST in creating basic logistics management system and provide rapid and professional support/assistance to the various components of the mission, conducting logistics assessment missions, create and maintain logistics regulations/emergency procedures, coordinating, if needed, warehouse and Hub.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Procurement and Logistics Delegate is responsible for:
- Ensuring appropriate document handling, stock management (including office stock) and financial recording systems are established and maintained
- Undertaking a rapid and thorough assessment of the operational needs of all cluster operation response to design and propose a more effective and transparent logistics system that ensures effective, timely and efficient delivery of logistics support to the operation.
- Working with the Regional Procurement Team to prepare required documentation for international and regional tendering in compliance with the Federation standard procurement procedures and processes.
- Preparing and presenting procurement files to Committee of Contracts (local or Geneva).
- Ensuring that all purchased goods are of the required Federation standards, fit for the purpose and follow the required documentary trail.
- In consultations with the operations Manager and the NS RC counterparts involved in operations, design systems and work out Logistics Action Plans and take actions to address bottle necks of logistics to meet the urgent requirement from the field, such as leased vehicles, fuel … etc., in order to set up and manage the logistics for all Operations, including establishment of a logistics structure and logistics systems.
- Put in place an effective logistics mechanism to help speed up the requirements for procurement, warehousing and field delivery
- Implement and maintain International Federation standard practices in logistics procedures and supervise and direct of the operation’s procurement services to IFRC standards as required for any operation.
- Provide timely advice and technical support on logistics issues to other departments
- Contracts, with the support of regional office, the required by the operation for goods and services in order to procure goods and services on behalf of all operations following Federation standard practices and ensuring documentation complies with full audit trail standards.
- Plan organize and maintain, in compliance with Federation standards and Logistics norms to minimize losses, any stores and/or warehouses containing Federation stocks; provide timely stock reports to the to the head of Cluster and Logistics Dubai.
- Provide supervision and direction to the operations transportation and fleet needs according to the operational needs establishing in advance contracts with 3PL.
- Liaise with relevant field level operational partners and governmental structures and keep up to date a comprehensive data of all goods and services procured with local market conditions to enable delivery of most efficient procurement service locally or by Logistics Procurement and Supply Chain Management Unit in Nairobi directly.
- Plan and organize the operations transportation requirements, implement and maintain use of transportation management system for all Federation-owned vehicles and assist the operations management in planning the best use of vehicles.
- Undertake field trips into the operational areas to assess the progress of logistics component of operations.
- Produce regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial reports for the International Federation and for donors related to Logistics
- Make recommendations for improvement of the National Society’s logistics capacities and develop a plan of action (with timeline) and budget to implement the recommendations.
- Train and develop Delegates, Local Staff, National Society Staff and Volunteers capacities in Logistics management in providing management guidance and maintenance of logistics fixed assets, including vehicle registration and insurance.
- Strengthen collaboration and coordination with ICRC logistics team