Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Requisition Number: PROCU01721
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurement of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
- S/he will also provide timely staff services and efficient office operations in the areas of: voice communications, mail, inventory management, supplies and equipment maintenance.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Procurement and Logistics Officer will report to the Operations Manager.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law;
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the needs of the project;
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency;
- Process procurements according to U.S. Government (USG) rules and regulations, as well as Creative procurement processes;
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees;
- Coordinate transportation and delivery of procurement and inventory;
- Respond to procurement/logistics requests related to supplies, materials for project activities;
- Verify deliveries are complete and done in a timely manner;
- Ensure prompt update of the procurement files into the procurement database, IDMS; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Conduct coordination of vehicles and drivers;
- Provide oversight of vehicle logs, vehicle maintenance; identify vehicle needs and review driver timesheets;
- Handle all email, mail and phone general inquiries and requests for information and materials;
- Collect project logistical updates for monthly organization report;
- Assist with ordering supplies and inventory, as needed;
- Assist with trip expense reports, photocopying, ordering books and materials as needed;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.