Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Subcontracts Director
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Director of Procurement and Subcontracts to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Procurement and Subcontracts Director amongst other job functions will lead the technical and operational procurement services for the Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program managing Decentralized Procurement and the Chemonics International, Inc. public health supply chain Field Office in Nigeria
- He/she will help to provide leadership, management, coordination, and technical expertise for the improvement of systems for planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting on project technical procurement and support functions as may be required
- S/he will help to collaborate closely with other major stakeholders in the implementation and improvement of the procurement of goods and services to support public health supply chain service delivery Project in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support the Procurement and Subcontracts Department of overall strategic plan, implementation framework and review of the Department’s goals and objectives to support the GHSC-PSM and Chemonics International, Inc. mandate in the public health supply chain Programs.
- Lead the technical procurement of health products and services that will support the implementation of the GHSC-PSM Nigeria and Chemonics International, Inc. programs for uninterrupted access to health commodities at the service delivery points using ARTMIS or any other system in use.
- Lead the development and management of request for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP), request for quotation (RFQ) and Indefinite Quantity Contracts (IQC) Sub-awards that will support the management of technical procurement of products and services for GHSC-PSM and Chemonics International Inc. health service delivery in Nigeria.
- Assist the Director of Contracts and Compliance in coaching and mentoring procurement team members (managers, advisors etc.) in development of procurement documents.
- Lead the development, review and issuance of procurement documents to contracted service providers for smooth implementation of services in line with Chemonics policies.
- Work with the Contracts and compliance team to ensure that procurement of goods and services are in line with USAID, FAR/AIDAR regulations and Chemonics policies.
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures related to the Procurement (e.g. Field Office Procurement Handbook, Global QMS, SAII Personnel Manual, and any other relevant guidance and/or policy documents).
- Make recommendations on strengthening policies and procedures related to the Procurement.
- Make recommendations on strategies (related to Procurement) to streamline systems for effectiveness and efficiency considering client needs, team dynamics, and project goals and objectives.
- Assist in establishing internal controls to ensure that the compliance tools and adherence throughout the project are effective and efficient in preventing, detecting, identifying, and correcting non-compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Support in the development of continuous quality improvement of the procurement processes and clearance processes to support timely availability of goods and services to the clients and relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to capacity building activities of Procurement staff and counterparts (subcontractors, vendors, etc.) through regular trainings of processes and on regulations, organizational policies, code of conduct, and compliance matters.
- Lead in developing and managing relationships with vendors (including performing relevant assessment and due diligence) to ensure that technical procurement of goods and services are of the highest quality that meets US Government regulations.
- Assist with the development of appropriate sourcing strategies that will enable the project to obtain best value for resources committed to project activities.
- Support the development, review and institutionalization of appropriate technical procurement standard operating procedures that meets US Government regulations and Chemonics policies
- Participate proactively in key stages of the procurement and subcontracting processes
- Assist in responding to audit requests from Home Office as well as from the local authorities
- Liaise with the field office security team, Country Director, Deputy Country Director - Technical, Deputy Country Director for Compliance and Operations and home office departments with support from the Country Team as needed (e.g. Compliance, Office of Business Conduct)
- Provide guidance on the filing and usage of standardized project Procurement forms and templates
- Ensure procurement files are complete and audit ready
- Review project Procurement files on SharePoint and record keeping systems and regularly report to the Deputy Country Director for Operations and Compliance to assure compliance with Chemonics requirements
- Support the development and reporting on key performance indicators to demonstrate the project achievements in support of technical procurement services
- Directly supervise the procurement managers; monitor performance of the activities of the other procurement team members including procurement advisors and associates and provide recommendations and guidance on their performance improvement to the Deputy Country Director for Operations and Compliance
- Assist the Deputy Country Director for Operations and Compliance in completing reporting requirements to USAID.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Deputy Country Director, Operations and Compliance.
- The Procurement and Subcontracts Director will report directly to the Deputy Country Director for Operations and Compliance or his/her designee.