The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Assistant
SVN No.: SVN2019/81
Location: Yola- Adamawa State
Organizational Unit: Resource Management (Procurement & Logistics)
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) Grade equivalent Contract (Renewable)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the direct supervision of Procurement and Logistic Officer in Maiduguri, the incumbent will be responsible for handling procurement related activities in Yola Sub Office. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Ensure local procurement procedures are in place and followed in accordance with the IOM’s procurement policy and other related regulations and procedures.
- Provide support, advice and assistance in procurement of goods/services for the Mission. Provision on the best option in local and optimize purchasing power.
- Undertake the day-to-day operation of the following services:
- Receive Purchase Request Form (PRF) and ensure that all necessary information concerning specifications, justifications, WBS and expected delivery dates are correct o Identify potential vendor and issues Request for Quotations (RFQ)
- Assist with the evaluation and comparison of the quotations on Bid Analyses Sheet (BAS); and recommend to the relevant requester. Award orders to the selected vendors who are able to meet the specification at their best offer
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) inclusive necessary information on asset codes, specifications, quantity, prices, delivery dates, payments and vendor contact details
- receive and inspect goods/services according to PO specifications and that all goods are in good condition; and assist onward delivery to final destination as required
- Ensure all related supporting document are complete and verified
- Prepare Payment Request. Submit and follow up with finance
- Obtain approvals as required by the matrix o Properly record and indicate the above process in PRISM as required
- Make copies of procurement and logistics documents
- Follow up purchase orders status and keep requester informed of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery condition
- Perform other related duties as may be required