The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
The organization is seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Grade: Grade 9
Report to: Regional Procurement Advisor and Country Head of Operations
- The Procurement Manager will have the primary responsibility for providing leadership and oversight of the procurement function for MEIC Nigeria.
- S/he will ensure the country program's procurement needs are met in compliance with US. Government rules and regulations, including 2 CFR 200 and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), as well as MGlC policies and procedures and international procurement best practices.
- S/he will report to the Regional Procurement Advisor at HQ and will also have a local direct communication line with the MGIC Nigeria Head of Operations to ensure that procurement activities align with the organizatIon’s programmatic needs and strategic direction.
Procurement of Goods & Services:
- Ensure that procurement processes are executed with the highest standards of business integrity and in compliance with U.S. Government rules and regulations, as well as MGIC policies and procedures.
- Provide thorough and accurate documentation of procurement processes.
- Ensure that the new hire orientation process properly introduces new employees to the University, CIHEB, and MGIC Nigeria culture.
- Support management, reporting, and oversight of real or potential conflicts of interest.
- Work with the country Senior Management Team to establish a Procurement Plan at the beginning of each project year to be updated at least quarterly.
- Establish key lead times for country procurement's to be communicated out to staff for planning purposes.
- Minimize lead times and reduce the need for "urgent" requests by improving procurement planning and communication about procurement processes with the country team.
Procurement Training & Team Management:
- Educate the country team about procurement processes, requirements, and established lead times.
- Support internal clients to understand the importance of providing detailed specifications, planning ahead, and providing feedback about samples and goods/services received.
- Supervise, develop, and evaluate assigned staff. Ensure that procurement team members receive regular and constructive performance feedback, promptly resolve problems, and have an opportunity to develop professionally.
- Conduct a thorough market survey at least every two years to refresh the organization's preferred vendor list
- Maintain a vendor database with extensive vendor information, including but not limited to: vendor address and contact information, vendor principal information, physical location verification, etc.
- Closely track vendor performance and develop a list of disallowed vendors based on prior organizational history and client experience.
- Engage with the in-country and HQ compliance teams to improve the country’s compliance rating.
- Ensure the effectiveness of MGlC’s control environment within the procurement team, and perform regular reviews and spot-checks of procurement's to ensure sufficient supporting documentation is in place, compliance with regulations and policies, etc
- Along with the Senior Management Team, provide a strong “tone at the top" for compliance within the organization.
Support & Collaboration:
- Collaborate with leadership to promote a safe and inclusive work environment
- Engage with key staff outside the country office team to promote procurement best practices.