In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Procurement Officer
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for Project procurements, review overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle and ensure adequate competition is achieved for procurements.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the or needs of the project.
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for procurements, in collaboration with the project team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Liaise with Procurement committee to process procurements according to AUN/Project’s respective procurement rules and regulations.
- Develop and provide regular procurement mentoring and trainings to project staff to support project implementation.
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and services.
- Verify to ensure deliveries are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.