Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking to recruit a qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the Daily Management of: Base logistician deputy
Under the Overall Supervision of: Base logistician
Functional relations: Logistics officer
Supervision of : Purchaser
- The Procurement officer is responsible to process purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, supplies, capital goods, and services and reporting of procurement tools.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Receive procurement requests/purchase orders, clarify request when necessary and complete purchase order;
- Organize the procurement process;
- Ensure that the project codes and budget lines are accurate;
- Ensure good relationships are established with local suppliers;
- Ensure the implementation of PUI procedures;
- Facilitate proper paper trail and filing of all procurement documents;
- Facilitate proper tracking of all supplies received and ensure related documents (delivery notes, waybills) are properly filed and copies forwarded to the Logistic Manager.
- Ensure a weekly report on the procurement follow-up up-dated
- Ensure the price list up-date on monthly base.
- Seek products that offer good value for money and negotiate the best prices;
- Follow-up on order processing to ensure timely deliveries are done;
- Do quality/quantity control for all supplies ordered and delivered;
- Ensure the archiving of procurement files and contracts is in compliance with PUI procedures
- Prepare any kind of report requested by the Base Logistician
- Support the Logistic Manager and Officer in the organization of a safe first delivery of goods.
- Support the Logistic Manager and Officer for tasks related to the transport of goods, equipment, materials and other supplies to a second location.
- Support the Logistic Manager and Officer in the overall supervision of stocks;
- Support the Logistic Manager and Officer in a proper management of program stocks.
- Supervise the Purchaser