GDM Group strives to achieve through her combined operations of her equity member companies and her adjunct consultants of over 400 years combined commercial experience. We offer from one off sales of marketing project to end to end management off commercial projects.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
- We seek a Procurement Specialist to be responsible for planning, directing and managing purchasing services, ensuring compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of purchasing, providing consistency in carrying out the goals and objectives of the purchasing function; determines need for corrective actions on addressing matters outside normal operating procedures.
- Develop and authorize purchasing policies and procedures to ensure economy and efficient operations; recommend policy changes if appropriate.
- Research, develop, and recommend vendor commodities and services for personnel; determine supplier products and catalogs used in on-line requisition program; assure lowest total cost, best quality and service are met.
- Prepare specifications for the purpose of soliciting bids/proposals from qualified vendors; distribute invitations for bids/proposals, advertise and set bid/proposal opening dates; receive and evaluate bid for successful vendor; maintain file records
- Convert requisitions; issue purchase orders; approve ordering; distribute purchase orders to the appropriate
- Manage open purchase orders, assure timely low cost delivery and receive items in the data base; investigate problem receiving when appropriate.
- Investigate potential products, practices and services which will provide a reduction in operational costs to all areas of the business
- Advise staff on policies for purchasing and surplus, follow policies at all times.
- Cultivate & maintain positive vendor relations to achieve maximum cost savings, optimal performance & quality standards.
- Develop and maintain budgets for areas of responsibility ensuring spending within approved levels; monitor incoming vending sales.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.