Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Job ID: 13-10170
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Project/Program: A577 - PMI-S
Reports To: Director Finance & Administration
- The role of the Procurement Specialist is to procure goods and services in compliance with MSH/Donor procurements policies and procedures.
- S/he collects proforma invoices on approved purchase requisitions, prepares offer analysis and makes recommendations. Once the purchase order has been completed, the Procurement Specialist will follow up to assure delivery.
- She/he maintains procurement data including supplier list and standards of goods and services, and ensures the effectiveness of procurement in timely and cost effective manner.
- Facilitate the preparation of procurement plan
- Receives approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services
- Tracks all PRs, for both local purchases and those requested through Cambridge
- Determines price reasonableness
- Responsible for collection and analysis of proforma invoices and presents to the supervisor for further processing or approval;
- Inquires immediately for more specifications from requesting units if the purchase request is not clearly specified and completed;
- Handles field office purchases when required;
- Ensures that purchases are made in the best interests of the donor and MSH;
- Assures delivery or pickup of PO for collection of goods;
- Prepares weekly procurement status report and submits to the supervisor;
- Regularly updates the supervisor of all partial collection of the procured goods;
- Informs the supervisor about prices and qualities of goods if purchases are not of routine nature.
- Does quarterly or 6 month reviews of preapproved vendors for routine items such as office supplies, cleaning products, etc.
- Capacity Building of Team.
- Also performs other duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Inform supervisor immediately if asked to compromise integrity by any vendor or other.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Systems are in place to:
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. The responsibilities and duties are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.