Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Designer
Job Type: Full-Time
About the Position
Delightful interfaces. Intricate user flows. Consideration for edge cases within edge cases. The Paystack design philosophy is to transform commerce with proper design. We create and maintain financial products used by banks, merchants, and consumers to transact on the internet. Our job is to shape the way thousands of people every day do commerce.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing product features and user experiences for one or more of our various products which can range from our merchant dashboard to the customer-facing checkout form. You’ll use extensive user research to inform your design process and apply your creativity to solve unique problems for the African merchant and their end customers.
Why You’ll Want this Role
- Solve complex challenges in finance with design
- Be directly involved in improving the experience of online and offline commerce for thousands of people across the continent
- Interpret rich data from analytics tools to influence your decisions
- Run focus groups and interviews with a robust customer set
- Work with a team that helps you perform at the highest level of craftsmanship.
What You Need for the Role
- A passion for building digital products, with case studies to show
- Great user interface design skills
- A sharp mind for creative problem solving
- Ability to create prototypes with code or without code (using tools like Framer)
- Great writing skills to document and communicate ideas
- Good grasp of how to use data to inform decisions
- Organizational skills to facilitate quantitative research
- Previous experience designing financial software is a plus.