Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Job Title: Product Specialist (Mandarin)
Specialization: Customer Service
Industry: ICT / Telecommunications
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: HND, Bachelor's Degree
About the Product Specialist Role (Mandarin)
- As a Product Specialist at Paystack, you'll be a member of the Growth team, which means that you'll be part of a team that strives to empower thousands of business owners in Africa with both the knowledge and the courage they need to bring their ideas to life. If that feeling were a sound, it would sound like this.
- Paystack serves some of the most ambitious businesses in Africa. Our promise to our customers is that, beyond providing an amazing payments experience, we'll help their businesses grow. This is a HUGE promise the entire company is committed to, and Product Specialists are key drivers of that promise. You'll be entrusted with a portfolio of some of our fastest-growing customers from numerous different sectors, and your primary responsibility will be to help these companies meet their most important business objectives. You'll own some of our most important customer relationships, and lead both day-to-day conversations as well as high level strategic discussions.
- You'll dive deep into Paystack's massive proprietary database to uncover market trends and translate them into actionable recommendations. We process over 25% of all online transactions in Nigeria, which gives us a granular understanding of what's happening across multiple different industries. We're looking for a teammate with a natural aptitude for identifying patterns and developing insights from this valuable dataset. We're also looking for a teammate who delights in learning everything there is to know about entire sectors. To best support your portfolio of assigned companies, you'll need a deep understanding of their specific business as well as their broader industry. You'll research the various sectors within which your portfolio companies operate to inform your recommendations for how your companies can thrive.
- The ideal Product Specialist at Paystack is analytical, curious, and above all profoundly empathetic. Running a business can be brutal, and you'll see your portfolio companies at both their best and their worst. The best Product Specialists are invaluable advisors to the companies in their portfolio, as well as relentless advocates. This is one of the reasons why we love speaking to entrepreneurs for this role. We find that entrepreneurs bring a high degree of natural empathy to the Product Specialist role, because they have an instinctive understanding of the heady highs and crushing lows of being a business owner.
- Product Specialists work with literally every team at Paystack. You'll serve as an important link between departments to ensure that all parts of the company are working in sync to provide the best possible experience for our merchants and their customers. You'll have visibility into what’s happening across the entire company, so you’ll need to be a sharp, articulate problem-solver capable of the significant responsibilities entrusted to you.
- You'll work side by side with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career. Come and join us as we solve some of the biggest problems facing African businesses.
- This is a full-time role based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.