The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching a new Sports weekly TV programme and innovative digital sport content alongside existing African Sport output.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Coordinator, BBC Africa
Job Reference: BBC/TP/590126/31489
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Job Category: Journalism
Business Unit: News - W2020 - Africa
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Contributes to the scheduling and budgeting of the production/content in line with divisional requirements and relevant BBC frameworks, guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for supporting the Production Manager (or equivalent) in identifying and sourcing appropriate resource and location requirements for the production at the earliest possible stage.
- Ensures compliance with BBC policies, guidelines, legislative and regulatory requirements, in order to minimise the BBC’s exposure to risk.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary rights are acquired and recorded for the complete delivery of the production/content, escalating any issues at the earliest stage.
- Accountable for resolving any operational and financial issues commensurate with the role.
- Ensures the production/content delivers demonstrable value for money through effective and efficient management of people and resources.
- Applies specialist skills to productions, eg live gallery skills and script supervision, where appropriate.
- Responsible for preparing (or contributing to the preparation of), managing, setting and monitoring of production budgets, and for forecasting and reporting, where required. May also assess the financial viability of content ideas that may arise during productions.
- Adhere to the processes for fully and accurately capturing and managing metadata in line with BBC guidelines and policies, and ensuring Archives have the necessary information to manage media assets.
- Identifies training needs of less experienced colleagues, ensuring performance management arrangements are in place, where necessary.
- Maintains a safe and healthy working environment at all times, escalating any issues or areas of concern.
- Proactively looks for ways of improving efficiencies within a production environment, promotes diversity and champions the rationale for new ways of working and/or for adopting new production related technologies.
- Supports other internal departments with the implementation of their strategies (e.g. HR, Workplace, Procurement, Finance, etc)
- Responsible for liaising and supporting the Production Manager and Asset Management teams about asset requirements and joiner, mover and leaver activities both in the office and on location.
- Providing administrative support to the production teams, as and when required, depending on team structures.
- Contributing to, and helping to implement, practical actions to reduce environmental impact throughout production