Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client, a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, industrial equipment, elevators & escalators and HVAC is currently beefing up its team.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Production Planner (Assembly Plant)
Location: Jakande Estate, Lagos
- In charge of developing effective strategies to increase production efficiency and output. Ensure products manufactured are produced in a cost-effective way that meets quality specifications and make sure that products are ready to distribute to customers in a timely fashion.
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Develop a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed to meet predicted completion date.
- Create a better workflow that uses company resources more effectively.
- Create new initiatives that boost product quality, reduce waste, and increase profitability.
- Liaise with sales division to determine customer requirements and prepare monthly forecasts in collaboration with marketing/sales division.
- Use production specifications to establish lead time of operation (Assembly, Pre-test, Testing, Post-test and Panel Workshop sections) for the guidance of production workers.
- Confer with section team leaders and supervisors to determine the status of assigned jobs if it is in line with the plan.
- Expedite operations that delay schedule and alter schedule to meet target.
- Create job orders on weekly basis and request the corresponding Bill of Materials to be transferred according to the plan from Store to Assembly floor for production.
- Report finished jobs after production to store for consumption and inventory reconciliation.