ABHR Consulting – Our client, a leading marginal field operator in the upstream oil and gas sector in Nigeria. They are looking to recruit suitable candidates for their growing operations for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Production Technologist
Reports to: The Head, Subsurface
- The purpose of this role is to provide technical and operational support on all production engineering, drilling and completion matters for maximizing the economic recovery of the company’s reserves.
- He/ she will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating well, reservoir and field performance together with all attendant production technology aspects as well as engaging in problem identification and solving in connection with the total production process.
The role is responsible for:
- Monitoring and evaluating well, reservoir and field performance with a view to optimizing daily production and recoverable reserves through the design of well completions (particularly horizontal completions) and artificial lift methods,
- understanding the constraints on the wells, reservoirs and facilities
- identifying areas of poor performance and formulating solutions through proposals for well interventions that will improve productivity
- Initiating and participating in the design and programming of well completions, in particular horizontal completions, with the aim of optimizing well inflow performance for the (mostly horizontal) liner completions
- Providing Production Technology input to field development plans, including well completion design, well performance prediction, optimum artificial lift method, production chemistry issues, processing facilities, HSE issues, risks and uncertainties, etc