The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Professor / Associate / Assistant Professor of Petroleum or Industrial Chemistry
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Hours: Full Time
Duration: 2 / 3 Years Renewable
Expected Start Date: August 2020 / January 2021
- AUN is seeking a motivated Professor/Associate/ Assistant Professor of Petroleum or Industrial Chemistry who will be responsible for teaching, research and community service as may be requested by the Dean.
- The candidate contributes to preparing students to be applied, critical thinkers and problem solvers through innovative teaching and research.
- S/he will work closely with the Dean of the school in formulating and implementing course structures that would translate to effective teaching and learning of courses in line with the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria. Asides the teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate is also expected to contribute to the department’s administration and scholarly work by carrying out and disseminating high quality research.
- Develop, prepare and deliver teaching in Chemistry courses, especially Petroleum and industrial Chemistry courses.
- Conduct research and publish papers in rigorous peer-reviewed journals.
- Promote the department’s research and scholarly activities by presenting research findings in seminars and conferences.
- Supervise research projects.
- Tutor and mentor students.
- Lead or be part of other committees aimed at promoting research, curriculum development, staff welfare etc.
- Contribute to AUN’s community service and development.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean.