Qualification and Experience
- Candidates in the Basic Medical Sciences must possess Ph.D from recognized institution
- Possession of a registrable Medical Degree will be an advantage
- Candidates for Professorship in the Basic Medical Sciences must demonstrate evidence of teaching in a University or an institution of similar standing for at least 12 years and must have contributed to knowledge in the form of scholarly publications in reputable journals
- For Clinical Departments, candidates must possess Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African Postgraduate Medical College or similar College Overseas. A Ph.D Degree will be an additional advantage
- Candidates for Professor must demonstrate evidence of teaching in a University or an institution of similar standing for at feast 9 years and must have contributed to knowledge in the form of scholarly publications in reputable journals
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years as a Reader/Associate Professor
- Computer literacy is an important requirement
- For Nursing: Aside from qualifications prescribed for Professorship, candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division. Registered as a Nurse/Midwife/Public Health with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. Masters Degree in Nursing Science, Doctor of Philosophy or Doctor of Nursing Science.
- In addition, candidates for the position will be required to pioneer Department and nurture it to maturity in the shortest position time, have capacity to provide academic and managerial leadership to colleagues and be able to attract research grants.
Conditions of Service
- As contained in the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti conditions of Service Governing Staff appointments.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Applications (15 copies) which should include candidate's CV as follows:
- Post being sought
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Contact Address
- Telephone Number
- State/Local Gov't. Area
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Addresses of three Referees who should be requested to forward their References to the Registrar, University of Ado-Ekiti. P.M.B Ekiti, Nigeria
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including granting institutions and dates)
- Current Position
- Previous Posts with dates
- Details of Publications (to include authors, title of articles or books, journal name, volume no, pages and dates of publication)
- Short statement of current research activities
- Date of availability for duties if appointed.
Applications and supporting documents should be forwarded to:
Ekiti State University,
P.M.B 5363, Ado-Ekiti,