Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Assistant
- The Program Assistant will provide support to the Program team with delivering project activities to state and local health agencies, mining communities and miners themselves to sustainably address health risks affecting mining communities in selected states.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support implementation community engagement activities in collaboration with the program team.
- Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits of family planning and promote uptake of services.
- Support with organization of meetings with community leaders, community groups, women’s groups, trade associations and other relevant community segments to improve awareness on preventive measures to reduce health risk due to exposure of toxic chemicals.
- Support training and supervision of volunteers to offer health education, community outreach and referral services to miners and their families, and other members of mining communities, using BCC/IEC tools and materials developed for the project.
- Support the effective collection, collation and reporting of data as required.
- Assist with preparation and submission of timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- The position will support organizational capacity assessments of CBO partners as well as monitoring of assessment outcomes.
- Assist with desk review of existing assessments reports, identify and fill information gaps.
- Other duties as may be required.