Kishimi Shelter and Care Foundation was established in May 2008 is a non-government, non-profitable organization, located in Gombe State.
Job Title: Program Manager
Estimated start date: As soon as possible
Location: Gombe state (Balanga LGA)
Donor: Save the Children International
NOTE: Applicants must be a Residents of Gombe State
Kishimi Shelter and Care Foundation (KSCF) in partnership with save the children (SCI) a non governmental organization is pleased to announce a job vacancy for Program manager.
The project is a Save the children International (SCI) Project being funded by Canadian government through the Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Kishimi shelter and care foundation (KSCF). The project is titled: “Reaching and Empowering Adolescents to make informed choices for their health
(REACH) in Balanga LGA, Gombe State. The REACH project aims to improve the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of adolescent girls and boys (aged 10-19) in hard to reach, rural communities in Gombe, Zamfara and Katsina states. To achieve this aims, the project has 3 broad objectives. (1) Improving access to high quality, gender-sensitive and adolescent- friendly SRH services for unmarried and married adolescent girls and boys; (2) Increasing the decision-making of married and unmarried adolescent girls about their own SRHR; and (3) Improving the integration of civil society contributions and evidence-based best practices in ASRHR policy design and implementation at local and state levels.
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND, MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 7 years and above
Location: Balanga LGA (Gombe)
Scope of Role
This is a partner staff role. The staff will be engaged and paid by SCI partners, and reports to the partner’s Executive Director (KSCF) Gombe State.
The Project Manager will provide leadership and managerial oversight for the administrative, programmatic, technical, research and operational aspects of the programme in Balanga and Dukku LGA Gombe state.
S/he will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the programme and will be accountable for the effective financial and operational management including planning project activities, estimate time and financial commitments.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of REACH work plan activities for partners and provide input into the development, on-going management and maintenance of work plan with regular
- support from the State Project Manager.
- With support from the Project team in the state, provide technical assistance to the CSO staff and community members and lead relevant capacity building for them to implement REACH PIP
- as detailed in the work plan and to ensure that agreed targets are met.
- Manage the preparation, coordination, and execution for special technical events, such as trainings and supportive supervision including outreach activities.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, debriefings and other technical meetings.
- Compile State CSO level reports on project results, case studies and lessons learned.
- Develop CSO level annual, quarterly and monthly work-plans as agreed with REACH project team
- Facilitate, draft, and participate in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of
- REACH technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports; strategic plans and work plans; and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and evaluation studies, trainings, and workshops as at when due.
- Document best practices and submit timely and analytical quarterly and annual activity report.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with the REACH State Team Manager. This synergy should include, regular consultation on matters such as but not limited to work-
- planning, review meetings and joint supportive supervision visits.
- Maintain good relationship with the LGA, SMOH and line Ministries working on the project
- Represent REACH project in LGA level meetings such as working groups, etc.
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by REACH Project Director including coordination of safe spaces activities.