Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS is a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster-affected, and climate change-impacted areas around the world. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria's 36 states, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health, and emergency programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Ref Code: PMR9419
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Reports To: CRS Partnership and Capacity Strengthening Coordinator
- CRS has secured funding from Caritas Germany to implement a 3 year project Cash-Based Assistance for Conflict-Affected Households in the Lake Chad Basin – Nigeria
- For Nigeria, Caritas Germany has entered into a bilateral agreement with Caritas Nigeria for achievement of Strategic Objective 1 - Crisis affected populations meet the priority needs for their Households and CRS for S02 - CBOs/FBOs have improved capacity to implement high quality, timely Cash Transfer Programs meeting the needs of crisis-affected populations
- Caritas Germany has also entered into similar agreements with CRS Chad, Caritas Chad and Caritas Cameroon. Specifically, CRS Nigeria will work with Caritas Nigeria, including JDPC Maiduguri, to strength the capacity of Caritas Nigeria in emergency programming with an emphasis on cash transfer programming.
- The successful candidate will support programming and implementation of Cash-Based Assistance for Conflict-Affected Households in the Lake Chad Basin - Nigeria advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable
- Your skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
Key Job Responsibilities
Program Quality and Implementation:
- Oversee and ensure the successful implementation of the program, in adherence with donor requirements
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of the project against set objectives, targets and work plans
- Support teams and partners in the development of DIPs and M&E components linked to SO2. Ensure DIP includes both programming events, as well as all management quality focused partner capacity strengthening events
- Help assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to Cash Transfer Programming within an emergency context, applying appropriate application of partnership principles, concepts, tools and approaches.
- Support programming of all activities throughout relevant project cycles - project design, start-up, implementation and close-out - to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices
- Ensure the project utilizes best practices, policies and guidelines consistent with humanitarian principles and SPHERE Standards
- Actively support project activities through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution
- Coordinate the identification of technical assistance needs of partners and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation
- Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy
- Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome obstacles.
- Manages project budget in compliance with donor guidelines and policies.
- Ensure robust financial and monitoring and evaluation systems are in place for high quality programming
- Reporting, Institutional Learning, Documentation and Sharing
- Compile field-based reports to CRS and external donors
- Identify, document and lead any efforts to document best practices and lessons learned from the project for organizational learning and donors.
- Take the lead in the completion of success stories and case studies – modify as needed based on intended audience.
- Integrates best practices from the project into CRS emergency programming.
Capacity Building and Supervision:
- Support the capacity building of partners staff through on-job training, targeted technical guidance, coaching, mentoring, accompaniment and regular field visits
- Support the development of partner capacity building plans and strategies
- Ensure completion and dissemination of reports/documentation of relevant partnership initiatives in keeping with established requirements
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources
- Remain current on agency guidelines, learning initiatives and policies related to capacity strengthening
- Identify and coordinate relevant training events for CRS and partner staff to advance knowledge and skills cash transfer programming within an emergency context including project reflections, learning assessments, planning and facilitation guides.
Coordination and Representation:
- Ensure effective coordination with CRS internal and partners staff and provide frequent feedback and updates
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders and potential collaborators for cash transfer programming within an emergency context
- Champion learning and collaboration with other project teams, partners, other Country Programs and CRS HQ.