The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels.
To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager Care and Support
Location: Central Office
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Unit: Care and Support
- Program Management – manage care and support using evidence-based, high impact, cost effective interventions for the improvement of care and support services including but not limited to treatment preparation and enhanced adherence, effective appointment systems, retention and Positive Health Dignity and Prevention.
- Carry out close coordination, collaboration, advocacy, alignment and integration to improve services
- Provide technical assistance to health care providers to render effective and efficient quality of care to People Living with HIV (PLHIV) and People Affected by AIDS (PABA)
- Mentor health care providers to improve and maintain standard of care through ongoing Care &Support assessment, nutritional assessments, prevention education, disclosure counseling, Positive health, Dignity and Prevention (PHDP), partner notification and testing
- Provide technical support for effective adherence counseling to achieve viral suppression
- Build capacity of health care providers and lay counselors to provide ongoing treatment adherence support in the facility and community
- Coordinate Community ART (cART) services at health facilities and community level
- Plan and coordinate all activities of support group through formation and strengthening of functional and active support groups to improve quality of life for members through peer counseling, stigma reduction activities and Income Generating Activities (IGAs)
- Develop capacity of support group members and health care providers on PHDP activities in the facility and community.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders for wrap around services (Government of Nigeria, Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, Association of Women Living with HIV in Nigeria, Community Based Organizations, and Non-Governmental Organizations).
- Provide technical support to State NEPWHAN to oversee activities of Treatment Support Specialist (TSS), Mentor Mothers (MM), Adherence Counselors, volunteers and support groups.
- Provide technical support to Treatment Support Specialist (TSS), Mentor Mothers and PLHIV (volunteers) to provide quality holistic care to PLHIV.
- Build capacity of PLHIV peer educators to complement PHDP activities of health care providers in the community.
- Forecast and request for Care and Support commodities.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor, Head of Department or Chief Executive Officer.