Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is a five-year (2017-2022), USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Officer 1 - Tuberculosis
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Officer’s specific duties will include:
- S/He will have primary responsibility for day-to-day coordination of the TB team activities
- The PO will provide technical assistance to the project in the areas of TB, social and behaviour change (SBC), capacity strengthening, community mobilization, social and mass media strategies and advocacy
- The PO will also assist in developing TB work-plans and reports, and support implementation at national and state levels.
- Support national and state-level coordination with governments, policymakers, TB implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships, monitoring and evaluation with TB project partners, implementing partners, National and State TBLS and other key stakeholders
- Assist with establishing relationships and coordinating with USAID TB service delivery and commodity logistics partners in project states and at national level
- Provide support for training and capacity building activities targeted at BA-Nigeria project partners, heath service providers, community-based organization, community volunteers etc.
- Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by supervisor and BA-Nigeria Project Director.