The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer - Adult Art
Locations: Katsina and Nasarawa
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Unit: Adult ART
Slot: 2 each
- Performing Quality Improvement and program evaluation, monitoring and administrative support.
- Providing quality of care assessment and ensuring that patients in health facilities receive high-quality comprehensive care and treatment according to recommended guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Bridging the “know-do gap” in program implementation across sites.
- Working with health facility staff and focal persons and colleagues to effectively address operational challenges (including laboratory equipment breakdowns, staffing shortages, training needs and commodity supply).
- Identifying implementation bottlenecks in the Adult ART program across sites and proffer solutions.
- Ensuring strong linkages within the ART program at site level e.g. between HIV Counseling Testing Areas and Clinic, Laboratory and Clinic, referral between the PMTCT and the Adult Clinic.
- Establishing measures to assess impact of our program in the community.
- Participating in quality improvement and data analysis.
- Reporting all activities to the Senior Program Officer Adult ART, Program Manager Adult ART, Technical Advisor Adult ART and the Director/Head, Clinical Services Department.
- Adhering and abiding by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- Carrying out any other duties/ assignments as directed by the Director Clinical Services Department.