Breakthrough ACTION / Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer I - Advocacy and Capacity Strengthening
Locations: Abuja & Ebonyi
- The Program Officer 1 - Advocacy and Capacity Strengthening will be responsible for day-to-day implementation and oversight of BA-Nigeria’s Social Behavior Change Advocacy Core Group (SBC-ACG) activities at state level in close collaboration with the State Coordinator
- S / he will also be responsible for strengthening collaboration with and building capacity of the project’s government partners at all levels, and also strengthening relationships with other MNCH+N and Malaria non-governmental stakeholders in the state
- She / he will report to the State Coordinator and work in consultation with the BA-Nigeria SPO Advocacy, BA-Nigeria Deputy Director-Integrated SBC and FP, and the broader BA-Nigeria HQ Team as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Officer Advocacy & Capacity Strengthening’s specific duties will include:
- Provide day-to-day oversight for implementation, documentation and reporting of BA-Nigeria’s SBC-ACG approach at State, LGA and ward level
- In consultation with the State Coordinator and relevant BA-Nigeria HQ team members, develop and implement strategies for effective implementation of BA-Nigeria’s SBC-ACG approach in the state
- Coordinate BA-Nigeria SBC capacity strengthening support for government partners (SPHCDA, SMOH, LGA PHC Department etc.), including identification and coordination of opportunities with implementing partners as needed
- Work with the State Coordinator to develop and implement defined and targeted advocacy plans at State and LGA level, including tracking and reporting of advocacy outcomes
- Assist the State Coordinator with relationship building and coordination with BA-N implementing partners and non-governmental stakeholders
- Assist and coordinate ongoing state level program activities with other state team members as assigned or required
- Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned.
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of CCP’s Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by BA-Nigeria Project Director.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time.