The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Mubi South, Adamawa
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Department: Atiku Center - Program.
Duration: Twenty-Two (22) Months
Building Resilience Through Sustainable Agriculture Phase 2 Project
- In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the project funded by European Union and German Government through GIZ (Journey to Self-Reliance - JSR). The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Support implementation of agriculture within scope of the project.
- Involve in community mobilization, targeting and tracking distribution of agriculture.
- Conduct regular field visits to farms and update project activities in the field.
- Attend agricultural meetings with partners and stakeholders in the field.
- Support in Observation and inspect of project demo farms, farmer’s crops and soils.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director.