The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer - Pediatrics Art
Location: Central Office, Abuja
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
Unit: Pediatric and Adolescent
Slot: 3 Openings (2 Pediatric and 1 Adolescent Program Officer)
- Support program implementation by providing onsite needs assessments, mentoring, preceptorship and technical support
- Monitor and evaluate programs
- Work with hospital staff and focal persons, and colleagues to effectively address operational challenges (including lab equipment breakdowns, training needs, and commodity supply)
- Facilitate communication, collaboration, task-sharing and teamwork among clinic staff
- Participate in quality improvement
- Participate in program clinical/educational activities
- Participate in operational research and program data analysis
- Ensure that site and patient-level data including clinical data, laboratory data, and community data are collected and documented into appropriate registers and tools
- Supervise site programmatic quality of care assessments
- Provide onsite clinical mentoring and technical assistance to clinical staff and conduct training.
- Report all activities to the Program Manager Pediatrics ART, Technical Advisor Pediatrics ART and the Director/Head, Clinical Services Department.
- Adhere and abide by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- Carry out any other duties/ assignments as directed by the Director Clinical Services department.