Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly, serving more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa with more than 7,500 full-time staff. We aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund is recruiting for Program Rotation Manager to take on a critical leadership role, collaborating with other executive leaders, to work on some of the most impactful and highest priority challenges facing the organization.
As One Acre Fund grows to serve more than one million farmers, flexibly responding to new challenges and gaps that would otherwise slow growth will be crucial. The Program Rotation Manager is a way for outstanding management professionals to contribute to the highest-priority challenges facing our organization. For you, this role offers rapid professional growth by providing exposure to the full scope of One Acre Fund’s operations, preparing you for a permanent executive leadership role in the organization.
Selected Program Rotation Managers would rotate through a series of high priority leadership postings, followed by a permanent posting or further rotations depending on the candidate's interests:
- First 12-24 months: Rotate between several ~6-month long management posts
- Afterwards: Permanently fill a high priority role of interest for the candidate
The role has a dual reporting structure:
- During your rotations you will report directly to a project lead
- You'll also have a constant dotted-line management relationship to the Director of Strategy & Research for support and continuity of professional development
Examples of possible rotations include:
- New Department Standup: Rotation Managers could lead programmatic changes for One Acre Fund, like standing up a new Global Field Operations team or organizing a global approach to a new source of impact like agroforestry.
- Program Expansion: Potential projects include leading new country / region expansion, managing the pilot of a new business model or product offering, like One Acre Fund branded agro-dealers
- Focused Department Leadership: Support an essential department with enhanced strategic leadership during an important period of change, e.g. during a department restructure, expansion or culture reset
The Program Rotation team works with One Acre Fund's leadership to determine specific rotation projects and the eventual permanent role. This process aims to balance organizational need and your professional goals. You will experience a full spectrum of leadership challenges in a growing social enterprise, while receiving intensive professional development from our senior leaders.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
A Program Rotation Manager will receive:
- An assigned mentor from One Acre Fund’s senior leadership who remains consistent between rotations to provide long-term anchoring and career growth in the organization
- Diverse projects across different geographies and departments for a comprehensive work experience
- Challenging work assignments that address both important One Acre Fund priorities and your personal development goals
We have a culture of personal ownership, constant learning, and investment in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You will help shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Burundi, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia. You will rotate based on organization priorities
Consistent with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes; must have existing rights to work in in the African continent.