UN Women - In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. In doing so, UN Member States took an historic step in accelerating the Organization's goals on gender equality and the empowerment of women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system, which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Analyst, Women, Peace and Security
Type of Contract: FTA Local
Post Level: NO-B
Duration of Initial Contract : Initial duration of one year
About the Position
- Reporting to the Deputy Representative, the Programme Analyst contributes to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the Nigeria Country Office by providing substantive inputs to programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation.
- S/he guides and facilitates the delivery of UN Women programmes by monitoring results achieved during implementation and ensuring appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary.
- She/he works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area Women, Peace and Security:
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the Integrated Approach to Building Peace in Nigeria’s Farmer-Herder Crisis Programme:
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget;
- Lead the implementation of programme activities;
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners:
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities; Develop technical knowledge products
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Integrated Approach to Building Peace in Nigeria’s Farmer-Herder Crisis programme;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project:
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results based management tools;
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results s, outputs and outcomes;
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
Provide substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the Integrated Approach to Building Peace in Nigeria’s Farmer-Herder Crisis programme:
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary;
- Provide substantive inputs to financial reports;
- Supervise Programme Associates and Assistant.
Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies:
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
Provide technical support to inter-agency coordination on Women, Peace and Security to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country:
- Provide substantive technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs.
Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts:
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to Women, Peace and Security;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products on Women, Peace and Security.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality substantive inputs programme strategies and activities;
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Timely organization of events;
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Functional Competencies :
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of Women, Peace and Security, and Peacebuilding
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising