The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme and Finance Assistant - CSSF West Africa
Ref Id: 27/19 ABJ
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: CSSF - Conflict Stability and Security Fund
Start Date: 1st July, 2019
Main Purpose of Job
- This position is in the West Africa Conflict, Security & Stability Fund (CSSF) Team, based in the British High Commission in Abuja. This dynamic team has a regional remit in support of upstream conflict prevention and security in West Africa
- The team manages approx. £35m per year (FY 19/20) of CSSF programmes, focused on Nigeria, the Sahel and Sierra Leone
- The biggest programme within our portfolio is Nigeria, valued at £24.45m this financial year
- The team supports a number of UK Government departments and Agencies such as the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO), Department for International Development, Ministry of Defence, Home Office and National Crime Agency, as well as working with international and local civil society, ministries, departments and agencies
- The job holder will provide support to the CSSF West Africa team on aspects of programme management and administration
- The job holder will also be expected to undertake ad hoc tasks within the team as and when required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Making administrative arrangements for regular meetings hosted by the team, in particular monthly Working Group and quarterly Programme Board meetings. This includes booking rooms, technical services and making diary appointments.
- Providing support for the team on administrative and programmatic matters across CSSF West Africa, especially Nigeria.
- Arranging programmes for visiting CSSF team leaders, HMG staff and consultants working with CSSF, including making travel plans (e.g. flights, transport and hotel bookings).
- Coordinating administrative activities to ensure day to day operational needs of the team are met.
- Supporting the team finance manager in the collection, collation and review of financial reporting and carrying out spot checks on implementing partners, and being able to provide cover during absences.
- Providing responses to the CSSF London team on specific request and queries, coordinating with comms teams/programme managers of implementing partners to collate success stories, liaising with the BHC and CSSF communications teams to circulate and amplify messaging on social media platforms.
- Preparation of regular programme fact sheets and regional news letters for the CSSF West Africa portfolio.
- Information Management (Shared folder, Easyfile and SharePoint management) which includes managing the filing, storage and security of documents (contracts, MOUs, Project Terms of References, etc.)