Plan International is evolving in response to shifts in international development and humanitarian response. We are doing this so we can continue to make a stand for children’s rights. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. Having identified girls as the most marginalised group, they will be our ongoing focus as we work towards helping 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive within their communities. As we embark on this ambitious and exciting journey, we are recruiting for talent across the globe.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager, Livelihood
- The Programme Manager-Livelihood is to oversee all activities of Plan Livelihood project.
- Ensure all livelihood Projects implementation is following the Country Strategy and Humanitarian Response Strategy, Livelihood strategic plan, objectives, outcomes and targets, which is the contractual & programmatic basis.
- Project Cycle Management is on track in line with expected expenditure and work plane
- That the programme activities are following minimum quality standards related to Livelihood in Emergencies interventions.
- That programmatic and financial progress reporting is done on time
- Donor communications are done in line with the Plan Nigeria internal regulations.
Dimension of Role
- The Programme Manger role will be to support the coordination and implementation of Livelihood projects in the north east of Nigeria.
- He / she will be supported by livelihood specialist, Deputy Emergency Response Manager and Emergency Response Manager.
- The main objective of this position is to support the smooth implementation of livelihood projects and act as interface between the key projects intervention stakeholders such as donors, government, civil society and PLAN international Nigeria.
- Provide pro-actively guidance and technical support to the implementing livelihood project teams in Nigeria in all phases of Project Cycle (from start-up to project closure) where required.
- Support livelihood project coordinators in pre-assembling and preparing narrative reports and financial updates on expenditures in line with donor, Plan’s requirements and rules and regulations.
- Ensure all sitrep reports are reported
- Monitor the submission of 5W data to the Early recovery and livelihood sector and Food security sector.
- Ensure all cash and NFI of livelihood projected are deliver as scheduled
- Monitor the production of success stories of livelihood interventions
- Support all livelihood assessments
- Track BVA and performance of livelihood project
- Draw attention of Livelihood specialists to all technical challenges of the livelihood projects
- Facilitate lessons learnt across all livelihood projects
- Support livelihood specialist in proposal development
- Facilitate networking of government and partners on livelihood interventions
- Participate in regular monitoring and if required programme/action plans, revisions and modifications at country level and facilitate with the relevant stakeholders.
- Organize/facilitate/accompany start-up and closing workshops as well as all relevant mid-term reviews and evaluations.