WaterAid is an international organisation whose mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Through their partners, they have reached 2 million people with safe water and 3 million people with sanitation last year.
Job Title: Programme Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting Officer
Starting Date: Immediately
Project Summary/Job Description
- WaterAid Nigeria is exploring a collaboration with UNICEF to deliver work in Zamfara State under the auspices of the DFID funded SHAWN II project.
- The Sanitation, Hygiene and Water in Nigeria (SHAWN) project will aim at strengthening the WASH enabling environment in three Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Zamfara State, working with state level systems towards increasing access to equitable and sustainable WASH services in Bakura, Shinkafi and Maru Local Government Areas (LGAs). The funding is for one year.
- WaterAid Nigeria is looking for a Programme Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting Officer (1 year fixed term - renewable) to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the WaterAid Nigeria, Zamfara State team, the Programme Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting Officer will:
- Drive the collation and management of quantitative and qualitative data required to monitor progress of WaterAid work against agreed plans and priorities in the state.
- Build collaborations with internal and external stakeholders - state government, LGA and community level.
- Ensure that the quality of data generated for periodic reporting on programme implementation to WaterAid and grant funders is a credible measure of programme performance.
- Ensure that data collection and reporting processes & tools align with national protocols and architecture for reporting WASH sector data.