FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Boki, Cross River
Supervisor: Director, Special Projects
Job Type: Full time
- The Integrated Health for Refuges and Vulnerable Populations is a one-year project. The project will be implemented by FHI 360 with support from Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration (BPRM) to strengthen the capacity of two primary health centers (PHCs) located in Boki and Etung LGAs in Cross River State to improve health service delivery through training of health care workers, CHEWs and community volunteers to conduct community outreach and sensitization that address gaps in health seeking behavior. The project will support PHCs with medical commodities provision, emergency preparedness for disease outbreaks, namely cholera and AWD, in refugee settlements and host communities through emergency preparedness training, prepositioned stocks and materials.
- In addition, the project will provide sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services for refugees in the identified two facilities through coordinated supportive supervision and mentoring of state primary health care development agency staff in the two local governments. Service provision in the PHCs will be gender and disability inclusive and will support the Cross River State health agencies to provide integrated primary health care services including but not limited to sexual/reproductive health, immunization, management of communicable disease and referral to secondary care by providing technical assistance to government systems and structures to strengthen quality preventive and curative health services for refugees in host communities in Cross River state.
- The project will collaborate with the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA), local government health authorities, health supervisors, community and settlement leadership to foster ownership and sustainability.
- The Project Coordinator will report to Director Special Projects and responsible for providing oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the refugee response project activities in Boki and Etung Local Government Areas. S/he will manage field site staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Support in project start-up and ongoing project management and administration of activities including beneficiary/community identification, refugees screening site mapping, planning and implementing of all sector activities, working with partners and facilitating monitoring.
- Leverage on current UNHCR health and nutrition project for Cameroonian refugees implemented by FHI 360 for seamless collaboration and access for referrals and services.
- Map all health facilities and other resources for identification of and access to such services for refugees.
- Support health facilities with improved skills for service delivery to Cameroonian Refugees and host communities.
- Provide technical assistance to teams in Boki and Etung LGAs on effective service delivery.
- Institute system for continuous quality improvement of delivery of quality health care services in supported facilities.
- Contribute to all field work, including working with other FHI 360 staff in Cross River state in the implementation of all planned and inclusive intervention.
- Coordinating with community leaders, stakeholders and other field-based structures.
- Ensure effective beneficiary target according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with other program staff.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Conduct monitoring and data collection as directed by the Director, Special Projects, assisting with specific surveys or assessments as needed.
- Contribute to providing the Country Director with up-to-date information on the affected and targeted community and coordinates beneficiary lists and numbers with different stakeholders.
- Adherence to the SPHERE standard policy on Refugee Protection and Solutions
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to FHI 360 and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in the area of operation.
- Other duties as assigned.