Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer
Offer ID: 12646BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
Metier: Architecture Planning, Project Management, Site Construction/Supervision, Support/ Project Management
- Interfaces with various Company stakeholders to identify and consolidate a clear scope of work, contractual strategy, schedule, manpower requirement and long-lead items.
- Prepares project execution plans, typically including: project description, work breakdown structure, schedule, master document register, contractual and procurement strategy, and a detailed narrative of all engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, commissioning and closure activities associated with the project.
- Coordinates with the Project Services department in the development of cost estimates.
- Interfaces and coordinates with contractors to obtain and consolidate information, e.g. input into project execution plans, weekly and monthly progress reports and other performance data, safety reports and statistics, manpower and schedule information.
- Reviews contractor project management documents and deliverables, e.g. project execution plans, schedules, proposals, progress reports, change orders and correspondence .
- Interfaces and coordinates with project entities, Health Safety & Environment, Engineering, QA/QC, subcontractors) to ensure project deliverables are achieved with respect to technical quality, schedule, and budget.
- Coordinates the execution of Project Safety Reviews to ensure they are conducted as per Company requirements.
- Coordinates the receipt, distribution, and response to Technical Queries received from contractors.
- Informs Technical Project Manager of project status, issues, and areas of concern on an ongoing, “real time” basis.
- Prepares weekly and monthly project progress reports.
- Takes part in project meetings, and where required prepares presentations, records and distributes minutes and arrange meeting facilities.
- Prepares and presents technical justification to partner(s) where necessary for work program/budget approval
- Ensures effective and timely coordination and administration of Site Modification Requests using standard project engineering methods and in accordance with Company requirements.