Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- The Candidate is responsible for managing projects covering various telecommunications core, access technologies and products for Vodacom and Vodacom’s customers efficiently within an agreed scope, time and budget constraint, whilst also managing the clients’ expectations.
- This position is accountable to deliver and implement customer links and networks within the design parameters and on time and within budget.
- Defines clearly project objective.
- Creates and defends project budgets.
- Prepares and manages project plans and implementation schedules using MS Project and other suitable software.
- Manage operations teams and external contractors during project execution.
- Hold regular meetings with all stakeholders on project status.
- Produces Project reports for customer and internal consumption.
- Controls the project implementation process
- Assists in invoicing according to milestone.
- Assist with the preparation of bid documents.
- Assist with equipment ordering and payment of vendor/ contractor invoices.
- Escalate project issues timely
- Assist with contract negations with external suppliers.
- Perform regular quality inspections.