ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Mixta Africa)
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Reports to: Project Director - MAHCS, Country MD
- Oversee the construction and execution phases of all in-country projects
- Senior Construction Associate, Senior Procurement and Contracting Associate, Senior Design Associate, Site Construction Associate
- To lead on all construction aspects of the company’s projects, providing strategic and professional guidance to the construction team
- Ensure optimised process for contracting and project approval
- Reporting to the Company on matters in relation to the performance of projects against contract requirements.
- Oversee the development of designs to ensure they are high quality, in-line with company strategy and delivered on time
- Coordinate with design and construction standards to resolve any design issue arising during construction
- Ensure compliance with design for all projects on construction site.
- Responsible for ensuring that project managers:
- Manage the project team including architects, engineers, workplace consultants, construction managers and administrative support.
- Develop schedules and budgets for assigned projects.
- Identify and evaluates alternative solutions to best meet program goals.
- Prepare detailed construction cost estimates and documentation (e.g. PFR, PAR) for project
- Track contract and construction performance from start till completion
- Participate in or oversee the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process for consultants, contractors, and other outside vendors and selects vendors.
- Ensure all technical work is carried out within the approved budgets
- Assist at all times in maintaining a safe working environment within Company workplaces, and applying the Company Health & Safety Policy for their own, their colleagues, third parties and the public's benefit.
- Capacity investment plans
- Existing capacity allocation plan
- Country operating model plan and review
- Technical 90%
- Administrative 10%
- Cost effectiveness of projects: Proportion of projects at high that were achieved value for money than expected (20%)
- Savings generated- Measured as a % unit cost reduction as compared to budget. (20%)
- Issues causing contract disputes, termination and liquidity before due date-% of contracts with issues arising, disputes, termination and liquidity before due date against procurement’s total signed contracts each year (15%)
- Lead time from Request for Quote to contract award- Shows the lead time from RFQ to award of contract (15%)
Reports and Processes:
- Timeliness of deliverables (reports and projects) - percentage of deliverables that are delivered to the target audience as per the agreed deadlines (5%)
- Quality of deliverables - percentage of deliverables that meet or exceed expectation (5%)
- Quality of coordination with relevant departments (5%)
- Feedback - The annual average rating from 360-degree surveys launched (15%)