Girl Effect, We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it's all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, TEGA Networks
Job Type: 12 month contract
Who We Are
- Girl Effect builds youth brands and mobile platforms to empower girls to change their lives
- We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
- We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it's all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role
- As part of a consortium, Girl Effect has just received funding to carry out research and provide third party monitoring support to the DFID-funded North East Nigeria Transition to Development Programme (NENTAD).
- The NENTAD will support transition from humanitarian response to development programming in north east Nigeria, helping to avoid a protracted crisis.
- It will enable the Government to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by conflict, including provision of humanitarian support. It will strengthen people’s resilience and Government capacity to respond in order to reduce the number of people in need of humanitarian assistance and enable a transition to longer term, developmental interventions that start to address the root causes of the conflict.
- The main areas of focus of NENTAD include: nutrition; food security; protection; education in emergencies; multi-sector response; and enabling the response. The geographical focus of NENTAD is Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States.
- Oversee the application of the TEGA methodology to collect data about implementing partners’ humanitarian interventions in some communities in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states and in other states as necessary
- Assume leadership over Girl Effect’s field-level operations in the North East and in any other region we establish a network
- Provide administrative and logistics support for the setup of TEGA networks and collection of data about implementing partners’ interventions in target locations
- Manage the TEGA implementing partner to ensure that the TEGA set up and research is being operated safely and efficiently on the ground
- Coordinate with consortium partners/ clients on the ground to ensure that Girl Effect’s workstream aligns with the activities of consortium partners/clients
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports for activities under Girl Effect’s workstream & provide inputs to periodic research initiatives
- Liaise with relevant team members in GEN and GEL to ensure that TEGAs get all the required support when collecting data from the field. Also, flag any risks or concerns with the potential to derail effective implementation of project activities
- Liaise with the evidence team to collect critical information from implementing partners’ interventions. Also, establish meaningful channels of communication between Girl Effect and implementing partners
- Adhere to Girl Effect’s Safeguarding policy and practice, reporting any concern in relation to the safeguarding of TEGAs which may be related with partners, respondents, DFID programme beneficiaries and/or non-beneficiaries
- You will also work on new TEGA projects as required
Research, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the Evidence team to design and deliver TEGA research including for the DFID programme (and other TEGA programmes as required) including formative, monitoring and evaluation and creative testing
- Support the Evidence team to create youth-friendly survey tools, integrate girl feedback and conduct qualitative data analysis to produce reports with clear and actionable insights and recommendations for Girl Effect and its partners
- Support the Senior Manager, Evidence with development of qualitative and quantitative measurement frameworks and data gathering methods across NENTAD programme states
- Work closely with Gender, Safeguarding and Evidence teams to ensure that research is respectful, youth-friendly, and appropriate for different cultural and social contexts
- Provide technical support to research implementation, ensuring that methods, tools, ethical and safeguarding standards, and field implementation meet high standards