The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Office Assistant
Report to: PIU Bilingual Administrative Assistant
Project: Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Programme
- The ECOWAS Commission has received Grants from the African Development Fund (ADF) and the European Development Fund (through the African Investment Facility -AflF) to cover the cost of the study on the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development project, and intends to use part of the Grant amount to finance the service contract of a Project Assistant to support the Project Implementation Unit.
- One (01 )year renewable for the Project Life Cycle based on performance
- S/He will be subject to the successful completion of a probation period of Three (Three (3) Months
Purpose of Job
- Support the administration of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) Offices to carry out the needed project management services.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project office Assistant will support the PIU Administrative Assistant in:
- Performing general office administrative duties
- Carrying out receptionist duties, greet and welcome visitors and refer them to appropriate staff members or take messages in their absence.
- Coordinating messenger service, copying, scanning, filing, handling of documentation, running errands;
- Ensuring effective and timely pickup and delivery of documents, mails and other materials to their designated destinations;
- Record incoming mails;
- Distribute incoming mails and dispatch outgoing mails including bulk mails;
- Maintain all offices clean and free from clutter;
- Make sure the office front desk is clean and create a good impression;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the superiors.
- S/He shall exhibit professionalism, diligence and confidentiality in all activities involving the delivery ot his or her duties