Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Job Title: Project Officer (Nutrition)
Job Reference Code: PFN12320
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Department: Emergency Programs
Reports to: Nutrition Manager
Salary Grade: 7
- As a member of the FFP/EFSP project team, under the leadership of the Nutrition Manager, the Nutrition Officer is responsible for leading the execution of daily project activities in her/his geographic location, while maintaining relationships with local partner staff as well as beneficiaries.
- Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Support nutrition partner officers, to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and implemented according to stipulated standards
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Ensure adequate availability of food and material supplies for distribution in all project locations and share monthly distribution plan with the Nutrition Manager.
Key Working Relationships:
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.