DRC is seeking the services of a committed and competent Project Team Leader – COVID 19 Response to join the Adamawa Team. Interested persons will be reporting to the Project Manager – COVID 19.
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Contract type: National contract
- The Project Team Leader primary function is to support the Project manager in planning and delivery of OFDA funded COVID19 response project; ensuring planning, quality of the implementation and follow up of IPC and COVID19 related PSS activities being implemented by DRC.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
General Programming & Operations:
- Develop work plans and ensure timely and efficient delivery of all aspect of the project
- Maintain adequate project records to facilitate timely and quality reporting
- Coordinate with the MEAL team to conduct assessments and post monitoring activities
- Incorporate learnings to improve project deliveries
- Support field teams to build strong community networks that would facilitate every aspect of the project
- Support the project manager to compile donors and other types of reports
Coordination and Representation:
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External health technical experts on issues related to IPC and COVID19 related PSS.
- Represent DRC at IPC meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings.
- Ensure integration of IPC activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with WASH, Shelter and Protection counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Ensure good representation and reputation of DRC at all levels.
- Actively participate in an internal coordination meeting
- Ensure and actively participate in regular sector meetings.
- Supervise IPC and COVID19 PSS staff.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the community-based mechanisms in operational areas as needed.
- Conduct regular field visits or as required to ensure IPC and PSS tasks are going on as planned and mentoring – through technical backstopping and training of duty bearers.
Logistics / Finance:
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report health partners and DRC rational use of PPEs and other supplies
- To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to be honest, strongly motivated and display a high standard of integrity in humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented