The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The Centre was founded to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in the West Africa sub region. As the foremost think tank on democratization and development in West Africa, CDD provides alternatives and best practices in support of democracy and good governance in the region.
The Centre has space for talented videographers with the passion and skill set to support our innovative project of Countering Fake News, Misinformation and Disinformation. Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the role:
Job Title: Project Videographer
- The videographer will report to the CDD Communications Lead; he or she will accomplish technical tasks related to production and post-production.
- He or she will transport, set up, and operate equipment; and assist with staging, set preparation and dressing.
- The videographer will work closely with the Communications Lead to execute visual concepts, and complete video production.
- Plan and execute video shoots on project priorities
- Make video outputs into user friendly formats to be shared on web, and on social media
- Operate and maintain, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
- Critically select and analyse audio-visual outputs
- Guide and sustain the creative process, and ensure CDD brand is properly represented in audio-visual outputs
- Shoot program material for production using video camera equipment; makes technical decisions regarding such elements as appropriate lighting, shooting angle and placement and type of microphone.
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio program material; ensures consistency and relevancy to production; monitors technical quality of end product.
- Oversees the security, operation and maintenance of equipment utilized in the video production process.