The International Committee of the Red Cross is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Job Title: Protection Data Administrator
The Protection Data Administrator works under the direct supervision of the Data Manager, and provides support to the Protection activities, by ensuring a proper processing and management of data related to Re-establishment of Family Links (RFL) by the ICRC in Nigeria.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Administration of the Prot6 case-management tool with regard to the caseload assigned.
- Management of individual data resulting from RFL activities in Nigeria and neighbouring countries, mainly through the ICRC database (PROT6)
- Consolidation of Monthly RFL statistics from the field ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Follow-up of emails received in the Tracing Services (STM) & ensuring their update
- Verifies and inputs data related to RFL activities (in the Prot6 database), in a timely and accurate manner in line with the data updating procedures.
- Analyses data, makes necessary controls and corrections in conjunction with the Data Manager
- Organizes and follows up the filing arrangements of general tracing individual files, including the re-arranging of
- the contents of the filing cabinets when it is necessary.
- Assists in the cleaning up and merging of the closed individual cases received from the field or followed by other delegations.
- Keeps track of all individual files taken out and ensures that filing rules and procedures in this matter are applied.