Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviours and five provider targeted behaviours in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provider Behavior Change/Fever Case Management Consultant
Location: Lafia, Nasarawa
Reports to: Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change
- The Provider Behaviour Change Consultant will work with the Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change and serve as the technical point person for state level implementation of the behavioural economics intervention in malaria case management among healthcare providers in Nasarawa State.
- Work closely with the State Ministry of Health and the State Malaria Elimination Program to support user and feasibility testing of fever case management intervention designs to drive provider adherence to National Guidelines on Diagnosis and Treatment of Malaria and Malaria in Pregnancy
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with service delivery partners, government partners in the state to support fever case management intervention for providers
- With the support of the Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change, drive the implementation of fever case management intervention in the state
- Support collection and management of data on outcomes of the user and feasibility testing activities in collaboration with the state M&E Officer.
- Submit monthly and quarterly activity reports.
- Develop activity budgets and travel plans and work closely with Abuja and field staff to ensure sound stewardship of project funds.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change and the Project Director, BA Nigeria Project.