Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, a 61 year old Teachers' Institute is a leading Nigeria's College of Education where all students are challenged to achieve the highest levels of intellectual and personal growth; to promote sustainable development; as well as contribute purposeful and ethical service to the State, Nation and Mankind.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Provost
- In line with the relevant provisions of Edict No. 20, 1986, now deemed to be part of the body of’ laws made by Lagos State House of Assembly, Nigeria, the Goveming Council, Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (former Lagos State College of Education) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of the Provost of the College.
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong Academic and Administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the College
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the Institution was established
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College;
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College;
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly;
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with the financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Council's decision/directives under sound financial discipline and management; and
- A person to foster good rapport with relevant organs of the Federal and State Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.