Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri, Imo State, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Owerri, Imo
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide a strong Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council and Regulatory Agencies for the achievement of the objectives for which the institution was established.
- He/she is expected to demonstrate initiative and creativity in policy formation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost inclide being:
- The Chief academic administrative and accounting officer of the College
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council and its committees are serviced etc.
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances and infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly.
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Councils decisions/directives under sound financial discipline and management
- A person to foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.