- Candidates should possess a Ph.D Degree from a recognized University in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College.
- Candidates must have been a Chief Lecturer for a period not less than five (5) years in a College of Education or a Senior Lecturer for a period not less than five (5) years in a University or equivalent Institution.
- Candidates must show evidence of good track records in result-oriented researches; meeting National and International standards in their research achievements.
- Candidates must be morally sound, possess sense of discipline, good conduct, dedication, drive and resourcefulness. He/she must show evidence of dynamic leadership that is capable of commanding respect and loyalty of members of staff, students and the College community.
- Candidates must be conversant with the Vision and Mission of the College and has capacity to pursue same.
- Candidates must be Information and Computer Technology (ICT) compliant.
- Evidence of Teachers Registration Council (TRC) is an added advantage.
- Candidates must not be more than sixty (60) years of age by the time of assumption of office.
- Candidates must be in sound mental and physical health with capacity to withstand the challenging demands of the office of the Provost.
- Candidates must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience and must not be below the rank of Chief Lecturer in a College of Education or a Senior Lecturer in a University or equivalent Institution.
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years only and no More.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as approved by the State Government but comparable to those applicable to the Post of Provosts of other State Public Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving the following Information:
- Post for which application is being made
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality, State and Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Phone number(s)
- Address (es)
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number(s) and ages of children
- Names of Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Details of administrative and managerial experience in Tertiary institutions including dates, duration’s and salaries
- Major scholarly publications or break through
- Specific services to Local, National and International Communities with dates, institutions and status
- Present employment, status, salary and Employer
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of who must be in position to supply academic or professional reference
- Signature and date.
Applications in sealed envelopes and referees reports under confidential cover should reach:
Cross River State College of Education, Akamkpa,
Cross River State.
Application Deadline 25th April, 2018.
Note: Applicants should please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.