Ebonyi State College of Education - The Governing Council of Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Provost
- Subject to the general control of the Governing Council, the Provost shall be the Chief Executive of the College and shall be charged with the general responsibility for matters relating to the day-to-day management/operations of the College.
- The Provost is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College
- He has statutory power to exercise general authority over the staff, and has the responsibility for the discipline in the College
- The Provost is responsible for the appointment, promotion and discipline of all staff below CONTEDISS 6, that is junior staff, acting on the recommendation of the Junior Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee
- The Provost is the Chairman of the Academic Board
- The Provost is expected to attend all meetings of Council and to provide Council with periodic reports on the progress of the College
- He is also expected to ensure that decisions of Council are carried out fully, and promptly.
- As an Accounting Officer of the College, the Provost is responsible for authorizing all payments. Though he may delegate authority for certain votes to other officers, but he must be responsible for ensuring that all payments are in accordance with Government Financial Regulation, Treasury Circulars and Council’s decisions within this framework
- As the Accounting Officer of the College, he must ensure that sound financial management is put in place and should be advised by the Bursar on all financial matters
- The Provost is responsible for ensuring that meetings of Council and its Committees are properly serviced
- If the Provost is on leave or otherwise absent with the permission of the Council, the Deputy Provost shall perform the duties of the Provost, including representing him on the Council
- The Provost may delegate to the Deputy Provost other functions that will make the latter fully functional as the Acting Provost
- Any other duty which the Council may from time to time assign to him.