The Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku, Rivers State of Nigeria is one of the Federal Colleges of Education (Technical) established by Act No. 4 of 1986 of the Federal Government of Nigeria. Act No.6 of 1993 amended the Act.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Omoku, Rivers
- This is to inform the general public that the position of the PROVOST of the Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku, Rivers State will soon be vacant.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position when vacant.
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative, and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations, and positive managerial attributes.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College and is charged with the responsibility of day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide the required academic, administrative, and professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the institution was established.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include the following:
- Being the Chief academic, administrative, and accounting offIcer of the College.
- Being the Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College.
- Being responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditure of the College in accordance with the financial regulations, treasury circulars, and Governing Council’s decision/directives under sound financial discipline and management.
- Being member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, and infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly.
- Being responsible for ensuring that meetings of Council and its committees are serviced.
- Being the person to foster good rapport with relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.