The Governing Council, Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
Job Title: Provost
- Candidate for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong Academic and Administrative leadership initiatives and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College and is charged with the responsibility of matters relating to the day-today management and operations of the College.
- A successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the Institution was established.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting officer of the College;
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College;
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of Councils are carried out promptly;
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with the financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Council’s decision and directives under sound financial discipline and management
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council end its committees are serviced, etc; and
- A person to foster good rapport with relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other government agencies/professional bodies that would ultimately lead to the attainment of the College’s objectives.