Federal College of Education (Technical) Gusau, Zamfara - The governing Council of Federal College of Education (Technical) Gusau, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Female candidates for appointment into the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
- The governing Council of Federal College of Education (Technical) Gusau, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Female candidates for appointment into the post of Provost of the College.
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence od strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creative in policy formulation, good human relations, positive managerial attributes and ability to attract funds to the College
Duties of the Provost
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- The successful candidates would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council and Regulatory Agencies among others.
Some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief academic administrative and accounting officer of the College
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finance and infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly/
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Councils decisions/directives under sound financial discipline and management
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council and its committees are serviced etc.
- A person to foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Educations (NCCE) and other professionals bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.