Qualities and Qualifications
The criteria, among others, to be met by candidates for the post are as follows:
- A Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degree in any of the subjects offered in the College.
- Fellowship/Membership of reputable professional bodies wiil be an added advantage;
- A postgraduate diploma or other qualifications in Education will also be an added advantage;
- Must have attained at least the rank of a Reader/Chief Lecturer or an equivalent status in institutions of higher learning;
- A demonstrable and proven ability to plan an educational curriculum as well as co-ordinate and supervise both academic and administrative activities in a recognised institution of higher learning;
- Demonstrate ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff in all categories (teaching and non-teaching);
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team-building skills and possess a high level of emotional intelligence and ability to build bridges amongst staff, students and other members of the College community and immediate neighbors;
- A considerable cognate experience of not less than fifteen (15) years, with at least five (5) of which must have been acquired in an institution of higher learning in managerial capacities;
- Must be computer literate and have adequate administrative and research experience for a sustainable realization of the mandate and mission of the College;
- Must have a drive for technological innovation suited for the development of a 21st century College of Education;
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interests;
- Have ability to develop linkages with external communities to meet the emerging needs of the College
- Must possess a proven and demonstrable ability to attract international research and development grants; and
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra budgetary finds and mobilize other resources for the development of the College.
Conditions of Service
- The salaries and allowances attached to the post are attractive and conform with what is payable to Provosts of Colleges of Education in Nigeria and as may be determined by the Government and the College Governing Council.
- The tenure of office of the Provost is four (4) years in the first instance and eligible for reappointment for a period of another four (4) years only.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae plus two (2) passport photographs and twenty (20) photocopies of their educational/professional credentials.
The Curriculum Vitae should contain the following information among others:
- Full Name (Surname Underlined)
- Place and Date of birth
- Town/Local Government/State of Origin
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address and Phone numbers
- Marital Status
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Name(s) and address(es) of previous employer(s)
- Status/Post held and Date
- Name and Address of Present Employer
- Research journal/ book publication/academic distinctions/special awards (if any) (List on separate sheet)
- Statement of Administrative Experience
- Details of research work and publications (Attach evidence where applicable)
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Present Salary
- A statement of his/her Vision for the College of Education, Ikere Ekiti in the four (4) years and beyond.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
Submission of Applications
All applications in sealed envelopes with the post indicated at the Top Left Handcorner of the envelope should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
College of Education,
P.M.B. 250, Ikere-Ekiti.
Note: Candidates should request their referees to forward their reports directly under confidential cover to the Registrar, before the closing date.